Connecting your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account
You can connect your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account with Lexer, to import your customer data and create enriched identity profiles. This will also allow you to activate Tribes for email marketing campaigns.
What about ExactTarget?
ExactTarget was an email marketing platform acquired by Salesforce in 2013, and rebranded to Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Throughout Lexer we’ll always refer to Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) but know that the names “Salesforce Marketing Cloud” and “ExactTarget” refer to the same product.
Benefits of a Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration
- Import your contacts as enriched identities
- Send audiences for targeted marketing campaigns
- Sync data between your Lexer CDP and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Before we can connect the two accounts, you’ll need to provide Lexer access to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account. We can achieve this by creating a Salesforce Marketing Cloud application.
- Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account
- Click your name in the top right hand corner, and select Setup
- On the left hand side screen, find Platform Tools and click on Apps and then Installed Packages
- Now make a new package by clicking New in the top right hand corner of screen. Name this Lexer.
- Click Add Component
- Select API Integration and click Next
- Select Server-to-Server
- Enable Read and Write permissions for the following; Email, SMS, Audiences, List and Subscribers, Marketing Cloud Connect, Data Extensions, Campaign
- Click Save
You will now see a summary page with a Components section. This section lists your Client ID and Client Secret settings, which we’ll need to paste securely into Lexer as detailed below.