The Sprout API is currently in beta - if you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to test it out for us. 😊
As with all beta tests, not everything will be perfect. If you run into any issues, please let your Success team member know!
Sprout is an email and SMS marketing and automation platform for hospitality businesses. In this article, we’ll walk you through connecting your Sprout account with Lexer, allowing you to improve campaign effectiveness by sending enriched customer segments to Sprout for marketing activation.
Integrating your Sprout account with Lexer provides a number of benefits, such as:
- Analyzing profiles in the Lexer hub for greater customer insights.
- Sending enriched profiles to Sprout allowing you to customize your campaign audience.
Here's a summary of how Sprout integrates with Lexer:
✅ Data in: email attributes to enrich profiles.
✅ Email (ESP)
Lexer product compatibility
✅ Sprout Email Address
Additional custom attributes, such as loyalty, are available. Please speak to your Lexer Success team member to find out more.
The following section of the article follows the step-by-step process of integrating your Sprout account with Lexer. Setting up your Sprout integration is easy!
Start by navigating to Manage > Integrations in the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down through the integration tiles until you find the Sprout tile and click to open.
- Then click Integrate Sprout.
- A separate screen will appear, add your login details.
- Another page will appear with a list of the permissions you are providing. Click Allow.
The final step
Once you've added your Sprout account credentials to the Sprout tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your Sprout setup and configuration.
Now that you have integrated your Sprout account with Lexer, let’s activate some segments. You are now ready to send detailed customer profiles to Sprout. These profiles can then be targeted in your next Sprout campaign!
In the hub, navigate to Engage > Activate.
- Click New Activation.
- Select the appropriate account for this activation.
- Add your Segment. In this example I have added Test Segment A, at the bottom of the page I can see the number of profiles in this segment.
Fill in the necessary details in settings.
- Complete the Activations settings section. Add an Activation Name (the activation name that you will find in the hub) and Activation Tag (this is the name of the segment on Sprout). Check the Ongoing Activation box if you want this activation to run daily, and check the Notify me box if you wish to be notified when it runs.
- Determine what Contact Properties you would like to populate in your Sprout mailing group.
- Measurement will default to append audience name to activated profiles to track the Profiles in this activation. In most cases it is helpful to leave this ticked.
- Agree to the terms.
- Click Run Activation.
This activation will send the relevant audience you have selected from the Lexer hub to Sprout. You can see these contacts if you open up your contacts within Sprout as shown above.
If you open up a contact uploaded through the recent activation within your sprout contacts you will see a searchable tag appended. This will correlate with the Activation Tag given in the activation steps outlined above. Using these tags, you are able to send custom campaigns to specific target markets you have created in the Lexer hub.
Congratulations, your account should now be integrated and activated in Lexer. We've gone through what Sprout is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support ([email protected]) if you need any help.
Updated 10 days ago