Lexer supports connecting to both the Cordial API and SFTP. This allows us to both pull and push data between the two systems respectively. In this article, we explain how to establish an API connection that enables the consumption of campaign engagement data from Cordial. As well as connecting Lexer to your Cordial SFTP, which enables the Activating of Lexer Segments into Cordial for campaign segmentation and personalization.
Connecting to the Cordial API requires the creation of an API key within Cordial's UI. Cordial have this helpful guide that explains the process.
When creating an API Key in Cordial you must whitelist IP addresses. This ensures that only Lexer's servers can communicate with your Cordial data. Make sure you add all 9 IP addresses below;
Once your key has been generated, navigate to Integrations, via Manage within Lexer.
- Find the Cordial tile and click on it
- Click INTEGRATE CORDIAL
- Name the integration appropriately if you are connecting more than one account
- Paste in your API key
- Click SAVE INTEGRATION
You've now successfully connected your Cordial account to Lexer via the Cordial API. Lexer can now start consuming your campaign engagement data, enriching your CDP profiles.
You can link your Cordial and Lexer hubs via SFTP to enable to sending of customer profiles from Lexer into Cordial. This allows the enrichment of Cordial data, as well as the adding of new records.
To connect both hubs, you first need to have your Cordial SFTP whitelisted by Lexer. This involves generating a Public Key in Cordial's UI, and then sending that to Lexer Support or your Success Manager. You will also need to provide the three IP addresses below;
You will first need to login to your Cordial account to create a Public Key. Once logged in:
- Under your username in the top right hand corner, navigate to ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- On the left hand side of screen click on SECRETS VAULT
- Create a new "secret" (key) by clicking the NEW button, and giving it a name and description
- After you save it, a pop up will appear with a long string of numbers letters and symbols, you will need to send this to Lexer Support or your Success Manager
From here our team will ensure your key and the IP addresses above are whitelisted against your Lexer SFTP. Once we've notified you this has been done, you will be able to start transferring CSV files of records from Lexer into Cordial.
- Create the Segment in Lexer, then navigate to Activate and send your audience.
- Keep a copy of the name of your activation, this will become the name of the file once it arrives in Cordial.
- For example, if your activation name is 210112 High Value customers, it will be 210112_High_Value_customers.csv in Cordial
- Navigate to Cordial and login
- Navigate to CONTACTS > IMPORT CONTACTS
- Select the SFTP option, and enter the details as displayed in the table below. If you are unsure about any of these please contact Lexer Support
- Next to AUTHENTICATION select Saved Key and drop the drop down select your previously saved public key
- You can elect to have your file imported instantly or on a schedule, if you want to maintain the audience in Cordial select schedule
- Click CONTINUE and follow the prompts to import your data and name your import
Server Domain (AU customers)
Server Domain (US customers)
eg Lexer would be lexer
To ensure you can recreate your Segment in Cordial, you will need to use the FIXED ATTRIBUTE VALUE field. Given we are effectively sending across a CSV of customer data, this is simply adding a column to that CSV file.
- Add your segment
- In this example, we will be using Zero Profile Segment.
- Add any additional attributes you want to send across
- E.g. First name or last name
- Now, add your "segment column" using the FIXED VALUE button
- Set the field value to "1"
- Add a name to the segment column (Note: Any spaces will be converted into underscores)
- If you are just making a single segment, one fixed value will suffice
- If you also wanted to add a group level coupon code, you could do that here
- Then, click SAVE ACTIVATION
Finally, you can click RUN ACTIVATION / RE-RUN ACTIVATION
Updated about 2 months ago