Cordial is a marketing and data platform that allows marketers to create, scale, and optimize personalized experiences across email and mobile. Lexer supports connecting to both the Cordial API and SFTP. This allows us to both pull and push data between the two systems respectively.
In this article, we explain how to establish an API connection that lets you consume campaign engagement data from Cordial, as well as connecting Lexer to your Cordial SFTP, which enables the activating of Lexer Segments into Cordial for campaign segmentation and personalization.
Integrating your Cordial account with Lexer provides a number of benefits, such as:
- Importing your contacts as enriched profiles.
- Creating attributes that can be used for customer segmentation and analysis
Here's a summary of how Cordial integrates with Lexer:
✅ Data in: enriched customer profiles.
✅ File (S3)
✅ File (SFTP)
✅ Full release
Lexer product compatibility
Connecting to the Cordial API requires you to create an API key within Cordial's UI. Cordial have this helpful guide that explains the process.
When creating an API Key in Cordial you must whitelist IP addresses. This ensures that only Lexer's servers can communicate with your Cordial data. Make sure you add all 9 IP addresses below:
Once your key has been generated, navigate to Integrations via Manage within Lexer.
- Find the Cordial tile and click on it.
- Click Integrate Cordial.
- Name the integration appropriately if you are connecting more than one account so you can easily differentiate.
- Paste in your API key.
- Click Save Integration.
The final step
Once you've added your Cordial account credentials to the Cordial tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your Cordial set up and configuration.
You've now successfully connected your Cordial account to Lexer via the Cordial API. Lexer can now start consuming your campaign engagement data, enriching your CDP profiles.
You can link your Cordial and Lexer hubs via SFTP to enable sending of customer profiles from Lexer, into Cordial. This allows the enrichment of Cordial data, as well as the adding of new records.
To connect both hubs, you first need to have your Cordial SFTP whitelisted by Lexer. This involves generating a Public Key in Cordial's UI, and then sending that to Lexer Support or your Success Manager. You will also need to provide the three IP addresses below;
You will first need to login to your Cordial account to create a Public Key. Once logged in:
- Under your username, in the top right hand corner, navigate to Account Settings.
- On the left hand side of screen, click on Secrets Vault.
- Create a new "secret" (key) by clicking the New button, and giving it a name, and description.
- After you save it, a pop up will appear with a long string of numbers, letters and symbols. You will need to send this to Lexer Support or your Success Manager.
From here, our team will ensure your key and the IP addresses above are whitelisted against your Lexer SFTP. Once we've notified you that this has been done, you will be able to start transferring CSV files containing records from Lexer into Cordial.
To ensure you can recreate your Segment in Cordial, you will need to use the FIXED ATTRIBUTE VALUE field. Given we are effectively sending across a CSV of customer data, this is simply adding a column to that CSV file.
Create a new Segment in the hub to determine the target audience you intend to activate to Cordial. To learn more about how to create a segment, click here.
Navigate to Engage > Activate.
- Click on New Activation.
- Open your activation account, in this example we have opened, “Cordial Test”.
- Find the segment you created earlier in the process. In this example we have included the Zero Profile Segment.
- Give the activation a name. Make sure you record this name, this will become the name of the file once it arrives in Cordial. For example, if your activation name is 210112 High Value customers, it will be. 210112_High_Value_customers.csv in Cordial
- Add any attributes you want to send to Cordial. In our example, the default attributes have been included, Email and First name. You can add more if you would like.
- Now, click Create New Fixed Value.
- Set the field value to "1".
- Add a name to the segment column (Note: Any spaces will be converted into underscores).
- If you are just making a single segment, one fixed value will suffice.
- If you also wanted to add a group level coupon code, you could do that here.
- Determine whether you would like to Append activation name to included profiles. In most cases, you'll want this ticked.
- Determine whether you would like to split your audience. The default setting is Don't Split.
- Agree to the terms.
- Click Run Activation.
- Determine the segment you would like to send to Cordial.
- Navigate to Cordial and login.
- Navigate to Contacts > Import Contacts.
- Select the SFTP option, and enter the details as displayed in the table below. If you are unsure about any of these please contact Lexer Support ([email protected]).
- Next to Authentication select Saved Key and drop the drop down select your previously saved public key.
- You can elect to have your file imported instantly or on a schedule, if you want to maintain the audience in Cordial select schedule.
- Click Continue and follow the prompts to import your data and name your import.
Server Domain (AU customers)
Server Domain (US customers)
eg Lexer would be lexer
Finally, you can click RUN ACTIVATION / RE-RUN ACTIVATION
Congratulations, your Cordial account should now be integrated and activated in Lexer. We've gone through what Cordial is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support ([email protected]) if you need any help.
Updated 6 days ago