Collecting zero-party data using Lexer Forms
Ask the important questions, fast!
One of the easiest ways to capture and collect zero-party data directly from your customers is by using forms. When a customer responds to a form, you will have quick access to their full response, and you will be able to see this data against their profile, allowing you to use the data in Lexer Segment for deeper customer service analysis, or activations.
Lexer forms also allow you to collect information from your customers in a secure and PII-compliant manner.
In this article we’ll walk through the benefits and applications of Lexer forms, plus a couple of great use cases too. Let’s get into it!
The benefits and applications of using forms
There are a number of benefits to using Lexer forms, and we have listed them below.
- Capture zero-party data directly from customers both online and offline.
- Answers are always collected at an individual level. They are never aggregated, and never averaged.
- Forms are simple and cost effective.
- The data collected is available for insights at an individual and segment level.
- Insights at an individual level can be used in campaign automation.
- In-store activity and other finds can be attributable to sales and other valuable events.
There are also many different applications for Lexer forms, and we have listed the most popular below.
- To fill data gaps (such as customer birthdays, or other personal information).
- Customer insight (such as post-purchase surveys).
- Instant market research (such as asking about preferences).
- Customer feedback (such as NPS surveys).
- Competition entries (which are great for new customer acquisition).
Tips for creating a great survey
Creating a great survey isn’t just about asking the right questions. We have some favourite tips to get the most out of your customers.
Firstly, incentivize! Give your customers a reason to participate and complete your form. You can offer discounts, vouchers, or prize packs.
Next, personalize! Beautifully branded forms are key, so add your logo, and brand fonts and colors. Also, include custom fields so you can capture the information you need. And, don’t forget to optimize for both web and mobile!
Finally, you can segment customers based on their responses and send personalized communications.
Viewing your survey responses
As Lexer forms are directly integrated into your CDXP, responses are automatically included as a value appended to real customer profiles for efficient and easily-accessible analysis later.
Each form field is built as an attribute in the CDXP, so that when a customer submits a form, this submission is not only tracked but the answers to each question (as attributes) are appended to their profile in the CDXP.
Using forms in your marketing strategies
Forms are a great tool to incorporate into your marketing arsenal, and below we’ll walk through two great use cases.
Creating targeted sweepstakes is a great way to use Lexer’s forms.
- Acquire new email prospects.
- Re-engage opted out, or disengaged, email customers.
Creating a 1st-to-2nd order trigger is a great way to increase your customer lifetime value.
- Drive a second order from recent one-time buyers.
Zero-party data, made easy!
Using forms to capture zero-party data is the best way to know your customer. In this article we’ve walked through what Lexer’s forms are, their benefits and applications, and some use cases too.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Success Manager or Lexer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).