Attentive is a text message marketing solution. Brands wanting to give customers an engaging and memorable experience can achieve this through the Attentive and Lexer integration, leveraging the power of Lexer's CDXP.
In this article, we’ll walk you through integrating your Attentive account with Lexer, allowing you to execute authentic omnichannel experiences and personalized SMS marketing campaigns to drive sales and engagement through our enriched profiles.
Integrating your Attentive account with Lexer provides a number of SMS related benefits, such as:
- Create enriched segments within Lexer and send them to Attentive for activations
- Increase personalisation in SMS using enriched CDP profiles
- Identify high conversion SMS customers to send them unique offers
- Manage opted-out customers to remove them from Attentive campaigns
- Compare SMS and ESP performance to identify optimal channel per segments
- Identify customers that prefer SMS to better engage them and convert them
Here's a summary of how Attentive integrates with Lexer:
✅ Data in: SMS attributes to enrich profiles.
✅ Batch File / SFTP
✅ Full release
Lexer product compatibility
✅ Subscribed to SMS List
To set up your Attentive integration, you will need your Attentive account details.
Start by going into the Manage > Integrations tab on the Lexer Hub:
- Find and click the Attentive tile.
- Click Integrate Attentive.
- If you’re not currently logged in to Attentive, a pop up will appear prompting you to log in using your account details. If you have logged in, skip to the next step.
- A popup will appear asking you to connect your Attentive and Lexer accounts. Scroll to the bottom and click Authorize.
- If the connection is successful, your Attentive account should appear at the bottom of the side panel.
Once your account is connected on the Lexer Hub, you will need an SFTP bucket for us to make sure data in both Lexer and Attentive stays in sync.
If you connect your Attentive account but there is no SFTP bucket connected, you will eventually run into this error:
The easiest way to resolve this, is to request an SFTP instance from your Attentive CSM. They will set this up for you. Once they’ve done so, we will need the SFTP credentials to complete the setup. You can either choose to:
- Get the SFTP credentials from Attentive then provide it to us.
- Tell Attentive to provide the SFTP credentials to us directly.
- Get the SFTP credentials from Attentive, then enter the credentials yourself by following the steps below:
Find and click the Attentive tile on Manage > Integrations.
- Click on the invalid Attentive integration as shown in the screenshot above.
- Under SFTP Account Authentication, add the SFTP credentials as provided by Attentive in the Username and Password fields.
- In Groups, add Access: Integrations (you may need manager permissions to do this).
- Click Save Integration.
The final step
Once you've added your Attentive account credentials to the Attentive tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your Attentive set up and configuration.
Once the SFTP setup is done, we will notify you that your data has been loaded into the hub. Once loaded, you can create segments using your Attentive data and push them through an activation.
Prior to running an activation, ensure that the above steps are complete:
- Connect your Attentive and Lexer accounts on the Hub.
- Attentive have set up SFTP.
Once your Attentive account has been integrated with Lexer, you can push segments as profiles on Attentive so you can set up your personalized SMS campaigns!
To run an activation follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Engage > Activate on the top navigation bar.
- Click New Activation on the left.
- Find Attentive and click the integration underneath the logo that you want to activate.
- The Segments column will appear. Select the segments that you wish to send to Attentive. The number of profiles to be sent will appear on the bottom of that column.
- Fill in the Settings column:
1. Activation Name –- give your activation a name.
2. Activation Tag — this is the name of the segment on Attentive.
3. Check the Ongoing Activation box if you want this activation to run daily, and check the Notify me box if you wish to be notified when it runs.
4. Attentive Fields — This is the field that Attentive will use to match Lexer profiles. It will determine which attributes to export to specific Attentive fields.
Make sure that both the Attribute and Attentive Field are the same.
* The default matching Attribute is Mobile, but contact your Success team member if you wish to also match by Email or both.
5. Segment Action — choose to Maintain, Append or Remove the profiles from the audience.
Maintain segment: This will add an attribute (this may have a different name within the Attentive platform) to the list that will be imported to Attentive. Subscribers leaving the segment will remain in the segment but have their attribute removed.
Append: This adds an attribute to the target segment in Attentive.
Remove: This option removes the attribute, but does not remove them from the segment.
If you would like to learn more about audience tags, have a read of our Activate overview article.
- Agree to the terms and click Run Activation.
You can see the status of the activation at the bottom after it starts running. Once complete, these profiles will appear as a segment on Attentive under the Activation Tag you set above.
Congratulations, you’re all set to create great campaigns in Attentive using Lexer. We've gone through what Attentive is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support ([email protected]) if you need any help.
Updated about 2 months ago