Swift Digital is an email marketing platform that can allow email, SMS, and push campaign orchestration.
You can connect your Swift Digital account with Lexer in order to send segments from Lexer to Swift Digital, enabling cross-channel segmentation and communications.
Integrating your Swift Digital account with Lexer provides a number of benefits, such as
- Send customer data and segments for marketing activation.
- Connect your Swift Digital customer data for enriched profiles.
✅ Data in: Customer data from Swift Digital to enhance profiles.
✅ Full release
Lexer Product Compatibility
Before we begin, it’s important to first understand that there are some limitations with the Swift Digital integration.
Rate limits control how many API calls are allowed between two systems in a particular time period. They exist to regulate the transfer of data so that systems don’t get overwhelmed.
Compared to other email service providers, Swift Digital has a comparatively low rate limit. This means that activations (i.e. sending profiles) with a large number of profiles to Swift Digital can take hours, even days, or even fail if they exceed the maximum time limit for activations.
PU IDs are a hidden identifier assigned to all customer profiles within Swift Digital. Whenever new profiles are created, Swift Digital will create a new PU ID for that profile.
This means that any profile sent to Swift Digital from the Lexer Hub that doesn’t already exist in Swift Digital will need a new PU ID assigned to them. As we’ll need to make additional API calls to Swift Digital to confirm the profiles do not exist, this further slows down activations.
If you are sending a large number of profiles, it is likely that the activation will run very slowly, or even fail. This risk is greater if the profiles do not already exist in Swift Digital (i.e. are new, therefore they require PU IDs to be assigned).
In order to run activations safely and efficiently, we recommend that you:
- Run large activations over the weekend.
- Ensure profiles exist in both Swift Digital and Lexer, so a new PU ID does not need to be created during the activation. The easiest way to do this is to use the CSV Export function in Lexer and upload these into Swift Digital before running the activation. To learn more about the CSV export tool, click here.
We understand these limitations are frustrating, so please contact your Lexer Success lead and Swift Digital contact to discuss the best possible set up for you.
To connect your Swift Digital account you will need your Client Key, User ID, and Secret.
You will need to contact your Swift Digital account manager to obtain these. You can do this by sending them an email here: https://www.swiftdigital.com.au/contact-us/. Alternatively, reach out to your Swift Digital contact directly.
Once you have this information, log into the Lexer Hub.
- Navigate to Manage > Integrations.
- Find and click the Swift Digital tile.
- Click Integrate Swift Digital.
- Enter the name of the integration (if you have multiple Swift Digital accounts you are connecting, differentiate them here).
- Paste in your Client Key, ID, and Secret that you received from Swift Digital. Be sure to check for white spaces.
- Click Save Integration.
The final step
Once you've added the details of your Swift Digital account to the Swift Digital tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your Swift Digital setup and configuration.
- Navigate to Engage > Activate.
- On the left, click New Activations.
- In the Integrations column, find and click the Swift Digital account you wish to activate from.
- On the Segments column, choose the segment you wish to send to Swift Digital. The number of profiles in this segment will appear on the bottom.
- Fill out the Settings column on the right:
- Activation Name: Name your activation.
- Activation Tag: This is the name of the segment on Swift Digital.
- Choose to Create or Update the list.
- Choose whether to make the activation Ongoing (i.e. run daily), and Notify you when the activation runs.
- Mailing Group Action: Choose whether to maintain, append or remove the profiles from the Mailing List.
- Measurement: Choose whether to append the activation name as an attribute to the included profiles. If ticked, you can create a segment in Understand > Segment with profiles that are part of this activation in future.
- Audience Split: If your activation is not ongoing and you are appending the audience, you may choose to split the audience for A/B testing.
- Agree to terms and click Run Activation.
If you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support ([email protected]) if you need any help.
Updated 18 days ago