Cheetah Digital is a cross-channel customer engagement platform providing data, marketing, and loyalty solutions for modern marketer. In this article, we'll show you how to connect your Cheetah Digital account with Lexer to sync contacts and engagement data, as well as send back Lexer Segments into customer and segment tables in Cheetah Digital.
Connection between Cheetah Digital and Lexer is maintained with an SFTP, which is hosted by Lexer. To connect to your Lexer SFTP you will need to first make a public and private SSH key pair. Read this guide if you're unsure how to make a pair.
Once you have your key pair, you will need to set up the Lexer SFTP within Cheetah Digital. You can follow their guide here. Cheetah refers to SFTP as FTP, but they are one and the same in this context.
When setting up in Cheetah you will need to enter an FTP URL, user name, and your newly created Private Key file.
|User name||Your Lexer hub name - contact Lexer Support if unsure|
Once you've finished setup in Cheetah, navigate back to your Lexer Hub to complete the connection.
- Navigate to MANAGE > INTEGRATIONS
- Find the SFTP tile, and click on it
- Click ADD IP ADDRESS. A popup will appear, please enter:
- Name: Cheetah Digital (Messaging CMS)
- IP address: 126.96.36.199
- Click SAVE IP ADDRESS
- Now click ADD SSH PUBLIC KEY. A popup will appear, please enter:
- Name: Cheetah Digital (Messaging CMS)
- Paste in your public key created earlier
- Click SAVE SSH PUBLIC KEY
You have now successfully connected your Cheetah Messaging hub to your Lexer SFTP!
If you have any issues setting up SFTP on the Hub, please contact Lexer support.
Once the SFTP connection setup is complete, we can integrate Cheetah Digital with Lexer so you can create segments or create activations on the Lexer Hub. To do this, our team needs to first set up the activation configurations.
- As a one-off, contact Lexer requesting a Cheetah Digital integration.
- By default, we will connect Cheetah Digital using the EMAIL, CUSTOMER ID, and FIRST NAME fields. These are the fields that will be exported between Lexer and Cheetah Digital. If there are any additional fields you want to export to Cheetah Digital, you will also need to contact the Cheetah Digital team with your request.
- We will contact you as soon as the setup is complete.
Our team will have created two configurations: SEGMENT SYNC and CREATE A SEGMENT.
- SEGMENT SYNC reconciles the data between Lexer and Cheetah Digital, and runs twice a day.
- CREATE A SEGMENT will allow you to create segments in ENGAGE > ACTIVATE.
You will be able to see these configurations on the Lexer Hub if you navigate through the Cheetah Digital integration box: MANAGE > INTEGRATIONS > CHEETAH DIGITAL > CURRENT INTEGRATIONS > YOUR INTEGRATION > ACTIVATION CONFIGURATIONS. However, you will not need to manually configure these yourself.
The final step
Once you've added your Cheetah Digital account credentials to the Cheetah Digital tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your Cheetah Digital set up and configuration.
After our team has worked their magic, you can create activations to send Lexer segments for your campaigns on Cheetah Digital!
- Navigate to ENGAGE > ACTIVATE.
- Click NEW ACTIVATION.
- Under ONGOING ACTIVATIONS, you will see the SEGMENT SYNC activation which our team has set up. Please do not stop this activation!
- Under Cheetah Digital, click CREATE A SEGMENT.
- Select the segment you wish to activate. To learn how to create segments, refer to this article here.
- Fill in the activation settings.
- Name your activation. Whatever you enter here will be sync'd to Cheetah Digital.
- Optionally, you can set this activation to ONGOING. This will ensure Lexer maintains the Segment in Cheetah Digital.
- You do not need to CREATE A NEW FIXED VALUE, our team will help configure this if necessary.
4. Please leave the APPEND ACTIVATION checkbox checked.
- Optionally, you can choose to do an Audience Split for testing. In Cheetah Digital, these two segments will show up as Segment Name (A) and Segment Name (B), where Segment Name is the name of the segment you defined above.
- Check the Ts & Cs and click RUN ACTIVATION.
Updated 6 months ago