Dotdigital is an online marketing company for email, marketing automation, and customer engagement. In this article, we'll walk you through connecting your dotdigital account with Lexer to enrich your CDP profiles with engagement data, then use Activate to create, update, and enrich Address Books in your dotdigital Engagement Cloud.
Integrating your Dotdigital account with Lexer provides a number of benefits, such as:
- Import your contacts as enriched profiles.
- Build better segments with access to richer personalization and behavioral data.
- Leverage advanced segmentation to deliver hyper-targeted personalization.
- Send customer email lists for marketing campaigns.
Here's a summary of how Dotdigital integrates with Lexer:
What direction does the data flow?
|✅ Data in: import your contacts as enriched profiles|
✅ Data out: send customer email lists for marketing campaigns
Lexer’s integration with this product allows you to pull data into the hub from these sources.
|✅ Email (ESP)|
How the system connects with Lexer.
How Lexer connects with the system.
Is this integration live and working?
|✅ Full release|
|Lexer product compatibility|
What Lexer products is the integration compatible with?
What attributes are created when Dotdigital is integrated with Lexer?
|✅ Email Open Rate|
✅ Email Click Rate
✅ Number of Emails Sent
✅ Campaigns Sent
✅ Email Engagement Category
✅ Email Opt-In Status
✅ Open Date
✅ Last Email Open
✅ Campaigns Opened
✅ Email Subscribe Date
✅ Last Email Click
✅ Click Dates
✅ Campaigns Clicked
✅ DotDigital Record
To connect your dotdigital account with Lexer, you will need to create an API user within dotdigital, this will, in turn, generate an API URL, username (email), and password that you can then enter in Lexer.
This guide from DotDigital will help you.
- At the top of the hub, click Manage
- Integrations will open as the default within Manage.
- Select the dotdigital tile.
- Click Integrate dotdigital.
Fill out the necessary details in the dotdigital setup form.
- Enter the name of the dotdigital account you're connecting.
- Paste in your API URL.
- Enter your newly created API username (email address).
- Enter your API password.
- Click Save Integration.
The final step
Once you've added your dotdigital account credentials to the dotdigital tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your dotdigital set up and configuration.
When activating to dotdigital you can create a new Address Book or update an existing one. We use the Activation Tag field to create the Address Book name. It will also create a boolean field on all contacts within that Address Book, with the value set to TRUE when they are included in the Segment. This will allow you to quickly create dynamic segments in dotdigital.
- At the top of the hub, click Engage
- Activate will open as the default within Engage.
- Click New Activation.
- Select the appropriate dotdigital account for this activation.
- Add the Segments you would like to activate.
You can see the number of profiles this will impact at the bottom of the segments section.
- Fill out the necessary details in the settings.
- Update the Activation Tag field - if you create an Address Book, this will become its name.
- Select if you want to create an Address Book, or update an existing one.
- Agree to terms
- Click Run Activation.
Congratulations, your account should now be integrated and activated in Lexer. We've gone through what dotdigital is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support ([email protected]) if you need any help.
Updated 5 months ago