Dotdigital is an online marketing company for email, marketing automation, and customer engagement. In this article, we'll walk you through connecting your dotdigital account with Lexer to enrich your CDP profiles with engagement data, then use Activate to create, update, and enrich Address Books in your dotdigital Engagement Cloud.
Integrating your Dotdigital account with Lexer provides a number of benefits, such as:
- Importing your contacts as enriched profiles.
- Sending customer email lists for marketing campaigns.
Here's a summary of how Dotdigital integrates with Lexer:
✅ Data in: import your contacts as enriched profiles
✅ Email (ESP)
✅ Full release
Lexer product compatibility
✅ Email Open Rate
To connect your dotdigital account with Lexer, you will need to create an API user within dotdigital, this will, in turn, generate an API URL, username (email), and password that you can then enter in Lexer.
This guide from DotDigital will help you.
- Select the dotdigital tile.
- Click Integrate dotdigital.
- Enter the name of the dotdigital account you're connecting.
- Paste in your API URL.
- Enter your newly created API username (email address) and password.
- Click Save Integration.
The final step
Once you've added your dotdigital account credentials to the dotdigital tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your dotdigital set up and configuration.
When activating to dotdigital you can create a new Address Book or update an existing one. We use the Activation Tag field to create the Address Book name. It will also create a boolean field on all contacts within that Address Book, with the value set to TRUE when they are included in the Segment. This will allow you to quickly create dynamic segments in dotdigital.
- Click Activate new audience.
- Select the appropriate dotdigital account for this activation.
- Add your Segment.
- Update the Activation Tag field - if you create an Address Book, this will become its name.
- Select if you want to create an Address Book, or update an existing one.
- Agree to terms, and click Send Audience.
Congratulations, your account should now be integrated and activated in Lexer. We've gone through what dotdigital is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support ([email protected]) if you need any help.
Updated 14 days ago