- Customer Data
Connect your Facebook Pages
You can integrate your Facebook Business Page with Lexer, enabling Lexer to consume all posts, comments, and messages made by, and sent to, your page. In this article we’ll show you how to integrate your account for the first time, and how to re-integrate your account, should it become disconnected.
Integrating your Facebook account
When integrating your Facebook Page, you will be prompted to login using your personal account. This is completely normal. You will require your personal account to be linked to the Facebook Page you’d like to integrate, with Administrator permissions.
First, ensure you’re logged in to your brand’s Facebook Page on a separate tab, in the same browser as you’re using for Lexer. Next, navigate to Lexer Integrate, and you’ll see a range of supported integrations. We’re going to select Facebook.
Click the Facebook integration button
Enter your personal Facebook details, and login
- Check all the accounts your wish to integrate
- Using the dropdown select all User Groups who should have access to these accounts
- Click add integration
Your page will now be fully integrated, and we will start consuming all content produced by, and sent to the pages. You can continue to monitor the status of your integration from this page, and we’ll alert you via email should the integration become disconnected.
Re-integrating your accounts
Sometimes we can lose connection to your accounts due to a change of password, or another easy to fix problem. We’ll alert admins by email as soon as this happens, and ask them to follow a few quick prompts to reconnect. All users can check the status of their integrations at any time via a coloured status symbol in Integrations. Re-integrating your account is done from the specific account Facebook column.
Monitoring public Pages
Lexer consumes content from many public Facebook pages, but not all of them. New Facebook content is created every second, and so to ensure we provide our clients with content relevant to them, we monitor specific Pages that are relevant to their brand, or topics of interest.
Through Integrate, you can monitor up to 15 public Pages on behalf of your integrated Page.
- Open your Facebook integration
- Select the account the Pages are relevant to
- Add your Pages as a full URL, for example https://www.facebook.com/CampLexer, and click the + button or hit enter/return to save.
Important things to note about monitoring Facebook Pages
- We’re unable to monitor Facebook Groups or Events
- When a Page is added, we’ll be able to retrieve the last 24 hours, and then consume all content moving forward
- Monitoring a Facebook Page ensures we capture as much content as we possibly can. However, if activity volumes on a Page are too high, there’s a chance that not all its public content will arrive in Lexer, as Facebook can only send us a limited amount of data at a time.