This integration is in beta
As with all beta tests, not everything will be perfect. If you run into any issues, please submit a support ticket.
Connect your dotdigital account
Dotdigital is an online marketing company for email, marketing automation, and customer engagement. In this article, we'll walk you through connecting your dotdigital account with Lexer to enrich your CDP profiles with engagement data, then use Activate to create, update, and enrich Address Books in your dotdigital Engagement Cloud.
Benefits of a dotdigital integration
Integrating your Dotdigital account with Lexer provides a number of benefits, such as:
- Import your contacts as enriched profiles.
- Build better segments with access to richer personalization and behavioral data.
- Leverage advanced segmentation to deliver hyper-targeted personalization.
- Send customer email lists for marketing campaigns.
Integration in a nutshell
Here's a summary of how Dotdigital integrates with Lexer:
What direction does the data flow?
✅ Data in: import your contacts as enriched profiles
✅ Data out: send customer email lists for marketing campaigns
Lexer’s integration with this product allows you to pull data into the hub from these sources.
✅ Email (ESP)
How the system connects with Lexer.
How Lexer connects with the system.
Is this integration live and working?
Lexer product compatibility
What Lexer products is the integration compatible with?
What attributes are created when integrated with Lexer?
✅ Email Open Rate
✅ Email Click Rate
✅ Number of Emails Sent
✅ Campaigns Sent
✅ Email Engagement Category
✅ Email Opt-In Status
✅ Open Date
✅ Last Email Open
✅ Campaigns Opened
✅ Email Subscribe Date
✅ Last Email Click
✅ Click Dates
✅ Campaigns Clicked
✅ DotDigital Record
How do I integrate my account?
To connect your dotdigital account with Lexer, you will need to create an API user within dotdigital, this will, in turn, generate an API URL, username (email), and password that you can then enter in Lexer.
This guide from DotDigital will help you.
- At the top of the hub, click Manage
- Integrations will open as the default within Manage.
- Select the dotdigital tile.
- Click Integrate dotdigital.
Fill out the necessary details in the dotdigital setup form.
- Enter the name of the dotdigital account you're connecting.
- Paste in your API URL.
- Enter your newly created API username (email address).
- Enter your API password.
- Click Save Integration.
Sending a Segment to dotdigital
When activating to dotdigital you can create a new Address Book or update an existing one. We use the Activation Tag field to create the Address Book name. It will also create a boolean field on all contacts within that Address Book, with the value set to TRUE when they are included in the Segment. This will allow you to quickly create dynamic segments in dotdigital.
Activating to dotdigital
- At the top of the hub, click Engage
- Activate will open as the default within Engage.
- Click New Activation.
- Select the appropriate dotdigital account for this activation.
- Add the Segments you would like to activate.
- Fill out the necessary details in the settings.
- Update the Activation Tag field - if you create an Address Book, this will become its name.
- Select if you want to create an Address Book, or update an existing one.
- Agree to terms
- Click Run Activation.
Congratulations, your account should now be integrated and activated in Lexer. We've gone through what dotdigital is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need any help.