This integration is in beta
As with all beta tests, not everything will be perfect. If you run into any issues, please submit a support ticket.
Connect your Klaviyo account with Lexer
Klaviyo is an email marketing platform created for online businesses that supports email and SMS. In this article, we'll walk you through integrating your Klaviyo account with Lexer to connect your email campaign data and send customer segments for marketing activation.
Benefits of a Klaviyo integration
Integrating your Klaviyo account with Lexer provides a number of email and SMS related benefits, such as:
- Understanding your customers’ email campaign behavior.
- Syncing segments between platforms.
- Sending customer data to update Lists in Klaviyo.
- Analyzing profiles in the Lexer hub for greater customer insights.
- Creating custom segments that can be sent to Klavio for activation.
- Comparing customer segments for insights to guide future campaigns.
Integration in a nutshell
Here's a summary of how Klaviyo integrates with Lexer:
What direction does the data flow?
✅ Data in: email attributes to enrich profiles.
✅ Data out: enriched customer segments for activation.
Lexer’s integration with this product allows you to pull data into the hub from these sources.
How the system connects with Lexer.
How Lexer connects with the system.
Is this integration live and working?
Lexer product compatibility
What Lexer products is the integration compatible with?
What attributes are created when integrated with Lexer?
✅ Number of Emails Sent
✅ Campaigns Sent
✅ Email Open Rate
✅ Email Click Rate
✅ Email Engagement Category
✅ Open Date Last Email Open
✅ Campaigns Opened
✅ Last Email Click Click Dates
✅ Campaigns Clicked
✅ Email Subscribe Date
✅ Email Source
✅ Email Opt-In Status
How do I integrate my account?
The following section of the article follows the step-by-step process of integrating your Klaviyo account with Lexer.
Creating a Private API Key
First, you will need to make a Private API Key in Klaviyo. To do this navigate to Account > Settings > API Keys. From there click Create API Key and follow the prompts. We suggest including Lexer in the naming of your Private API Key for easy reference later.
These official Klaviyo docs can also help you in making a key.
Saving your Private Key in Lexer
Tracking Klaviyo Segments in Lexer
You can capture and track Klaviyo segment audiences in Lexer by simply adding the Klaviyo segment ID to your Klaviyo tile in Lexer. You'll just need the IDs for each Klaviyo segment. To get these, do the following:
- Login to your Klaviyo account.
- Navigate to Lists & Segments in the left-hand side navigation bar.
- Click on the segment you want, and then go to SETTINGS.
- Directly under the heading List ID & Name you will see your segment ID bolded.
- Copy this and then paste it into Lexer.
Adding your Segment ID in Lexer
You'll need to navigate to MANAGE > INTEGRATIONS and then find your Klaviyo tile. If your Klaviyo account is already connected and data is in your CDXP, you will have two Klaviyo tiles. You'll want the one that lists the connected accounts as depicted below:
The steps to add a segment are similar to those used to integrate the account.
- In the Lexer Hub, click on Manage in the top navigation bar.
- Integrations will be selected by default.
- Select the Klaviyo tile.
- Click on the connected account the segment belongs to.
- Paste in your segment ID and click the + button.
- Add an API key.
- Click SAVE INTEGRATION.
Using your Klaviyo segments in Lexer
Once you have integrated your segment IDs, you can use them to create new segments in Lexer using the Klaviyo Segments attribute.
Simply search for this attribute in the attribute picker, and then filter for the Klaviyo segment you wish to choose.
Opt-in and opt-out status
Klaviyo does not support a global opt-in. Each profile is either opted in or out of a single list. Aligned with Klaviyo’s best practice, we recommend migrating all profiles to one single list.
The benefits of this are:
- Lexer’s integration is designed for this use case.
- Cheaper to have contacts in a single list (you pay for contacts in lists, regardless of duplicates).
- Easy to report on total subscriber count.
- Quicker to extract daily delta data.
- Easy to report on subscriber source.
To use this single list in your segments to identify opt-ins, select the Active in Lists attribute, and then filter for your single list.
What is a Klaviyo Activation
Now that your account has been integrated, it's time to activate it in Klaviyo and Lexer. By connecting your Klaviyo account to Lexer, you’re given the power to create detailed segments of customers. Use them to update existing lists in Klaviyo and enrich your customer profiles.
How do I activate to Klaviyo?
Before you get started, make sure you’ve done the following:
- Integrated your Klaviyo account with Lexer.
- Created an activation to Klaviyo (reach out to Lexer Support (email@example.com) if not).
- Built your Segment/s in Lexer Segment.
Each field you create on the form will become a property that you can update with an attribute from Lexer. For example, if you create a form that asks for First name, Last name, and Gender, these are the only three values that Lexer will be able to send to Klaviyo for each customer.
Set and forget auto-updating audiences
Lexer Activate permits you to automatically update your audiences within Klaviyo. With this selected, Lexer will add or remove customers from your audience as customers enter and leave your Segment.
Okay I’ve sent my audience, what next?
The moment your activation has been confirmed as sent in Activate, you’ll see records begin to update in Klaviyo. We’ll send you an email to let you know once an audience has been sent — the time this takes will vary depending on the size of the audience.
Congratulations, your account should now be integrated and activated in Lexer. We've gone through what Klaviyo is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need any help.