The Facebook conversions APIs are currently in beta - if you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to test it out for us. 😊
As with all beta tests, not everything will be perfect. If you run into any issues, please let your Success team member know!
In 2021, Facebook released their Online Conversions API (known as CAPI) to help enable retailers and brands to truly understand the return on investment (ROI) of their advertising by linking their marketing metrics with their Facebook advertising metrics.
With Lexer, setting up this API is now easier than ever!
By entering the Pixel ID of your Facebook Business account into the Lexer Hub, you can send events to Facebook to help understand your conversion attribution.
Lets just pause here to note the difference between the online (this article) and offline versions of the API. The offline version helps link physical sales to Facebook advertising (you can read about it here). The two versions are meant to be complementary.
To start sending events to Facebook from within your Lexer Hub, you'll need your:
- Facebook Business account name and ID.
- Your Facebook Pixel ID.
- In the Manage > Integrations tab on the Lexer Hub, select Facebook Business.
- Click Integrate Facebook Ads.
- A popup will appear for you to login to Facebook. Enter your business account details.
- If login is successful your account should appear on the right.
The final step
Once you've added the details of your Facebook Ads account to the Facebook Ads tile in the Hub, please contact your Success Manager, or Lexer Support ([email protected]) to complete your Facebook Ads setup and configuration.
Next, you can set up an online conversion using your Pixel ID.
To find out more about Facebook Pixel and where to find your Pixel ID, please see Facebook’s help article to create and install a Pixel here.
- Continuing with your integration set up, click New Online Event Set.
- Another sidebar will appear on the right. Specify:
- The activation name.
- The Dataset. This should be the data set that holds your transaction data. if you have multiple datasets, you should set this to your first-party data.
- Your Pixel ID (see article linked above from Facebook).
- You may choose to Send Custom Data Fields to Facebook. If you wish to explore this, please contact your Lexer Success team member to set this up. Once that process is complete, check this box. Otherwise, please leave this unchecked.
- Check the box to Enable Limited Data Use (LDU) for CCPA Compliance. Facebook no longer accepts data that does not comply with CCPA, so this check box is mandatory.
- Check the Run Activation Daily check box (we recommend doing this until you no longer need the event set).
- Save the configuration. The activation will start to run. Once complete, the data will be pushed to Facebook.
Facebook currently only accepts online event data (including transactions) from the last 7 days. If any of your data is older than 7 days, you will receive an error.
To avoid this, it would be best to:
- Ensure the Run Activation Daily box is checked (as in Step 5).
- Check that your transaction data comes to the Hub in a timely manner (most Hubs update overnight).
If you run into any issues, you can contact our Support team ([email protected]).
And that’s it! You’re ready to go with your Facebook Online Conversions.
Updated about 1 month ago