This integration is in beta
As with all beta tests, not everything will be perfect. If you run into any issues, please submit a support ticket.
Why integrate with Attentive?
Attentive is a text message marketing solution. Brands wanting to give customers an engaging and memorable experience can achieve this through the Attentive and Lexer integration, leveraging the power of Lexer's CDXP.
In this article, we’ll walk you through integrating your Attentive account with Lexer, allowing you to execute authentic omnichannel experiences and personalized SMS marketing campaigns to drive sales and engagement through our enriched profiles.
Benefits of an Attentive Integration
Integrating your Attentive account with Lexer provides a number of SMS related benefits, such as:
- Create enriched segments within Lexer and send them to Attentive for activations
- Increase personalisation in SMS using enriched CDP profiles
- Identify high conversion SMS customers to send them unique offers
- Manage opted-out customers to remove them from Attentive campaigns
- Compare SMS and ESP performance to identify optimal channel per segments
- Identify customers that prefer SMS to better engage them and convert them
Integration in a nutshell
Here's a summary of how Attentive integrates with Lexer:
What direction does the data flow?
✅ Data in: SMS attributes to enrich profiles.
✅ Data out: Enriched customer segments ready for activation.
Lexer’s integration with this product allows you to pull data into the hub from these sources.
How the system connects with Lexer.
✅ Batch File / SFTP
How Lexer connects with the system.
Is this integration live and working?
Lexer product compatibility
What Lexer products is the integration compatible with?
No attributes will be created as part of this integration.
This integration allows for some flexibility, the output of the integration depends on your available data and what you send through to Lexer. In addition, your attributes could be named in a different way to other clients. If you would like a list of attributes related to this integration, please email your Success Manager.
What attributes are created when integrated with Lexer?
✅ Subscribed to SMS List
✅ Unsubscribed to SMS List
✅ SMS Opt-In Status
✅ SMS Subscribe Date
✅ SMS Send Date
✅ Number of SMS Sent
✅ Last SMS Send Date
✅ Number of SMS Clicked
✅ SMS Click Dates
✅ Last SMS Click
✅ SMS Click Rate
✅ SMS Campaigns Sent
✅ SMS Campaigns Clicked
*These attributes can only be created if you have the necessary data in Attentive.
These are the standard attributes Lexer can create when you connect this integration, however, this will depend on the data available and what you're sending through to Lexer. Also note, your attributes may be named differently.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss any custom options, please reach out to your Success Manager.
Personal identification attributes
Communication opt in
Date of birth
Email event attributes
Email Subscription Status (Unsubscribed, Transactional, Subscribed, Undeliverable)
SMS event attributes
SMS campaigns clicked
SMS campaigns sent
SMS click date
SMS click rate
SMS last click date
SMS last send date
SMS opt in status
SMS send date
SMS subscribe date
SMS subscribed to list
SMS unsubscribed to list
Connecting your Attentive integration to Lexer
To set up your Attentive integration, you will need your Attentive account details.
Start by going into the Manage > Integrations tab on the Lexer Hub:
- Find and click the Attentive tile.
- Click Integrate Attentive.
- If you’re not currently logged in to Attentive, a pop up will appear prompting you to log in using your account details. If you have logged in, skip to the next step.
- A popup will appear asking you to connect your Attentive and Lexer accounts. Scroll to the bottom and click Authorize.
- If the connection is successful, your Attentive account should appear at the bottom of the side panel.
Requesting SFTP access from Attentive
Once your account is connected on the Lexer Hub, you will need an SFTP bucket for us to make sure data in both Lexer and Attentive stays in sync.
If you connect your Attentive account but there is no SFTP bucket connected, you will eventually run into this error:
The easiest way to resolve this, is to request an SFTP instance from your Attentive CSM. They will set this up for you. Once they’ve done so, we will need the SFTP credentials to complete the setup. You can either choose to:
- Get the SFTP credentials from Attentive then provide it to us.
- Tell Attentive to provide the SFTP credentials to us directly.
- Get the SFTP credentials from Attentive, then enter the credentials yourself by following the steps below:
Find and click the Attentive tile on Manage > Integrations.
- Click on the invalid Attentive integration as shown in the screenshot above.
- Under SFTP Account Authentication, add the SFTP credentials as provided by Attentive in the Username and Password fields.
- In Groups, add Access: Integrations (you may need manager permissions to do this).
- Press Save Integration at the bottom.
Once the SFTP setup is done, we will notify you that your data has been loaded into the hub. Once loaded, you can create segments using your Attentive data and push them through an activation.
Setting up an Attentive activation
Prior to running an activation, ensure that the above steps are complete:
- Connect your Attentive and Lexer accounts on the Hub.
- Attentive have set up SFTP.
Once your Attentive account has been integrated with Lexer, you can push segments as profiles on Attentive so you can set up your personalized SMS campaigns!
To run an activation follow the steps below:
You can see the status of the activation at the bottom after it starts running. Once complete, these profiles will appear as a segment on Attentive under the Activation Tag you set above.
Congratulations, you’re all set to create great campaigns in Attentive using Lexer. We've gone through what Attentive is, the type of integration it is, its benefits, and how to integrate and activate it. There's a lot of steps to follow here and if you feel stuck or confused please don't hesitate to reach out to Lexer Support (email@example.com) if you need any help.