Google offline conversions
This integration is in beta
As with all beta tests, not everything will be perfect. If you run into any issues, please submit a support ticket.
Offline conversions allow you to attribute the performance of your online ads to real-world transactions. Google offers retailers the ability to attribute online ads with offline outcomes such as in-store purchases, phone orders, bookings, and more.
Lexer can help you clean, format, and continuously send your offline transaction data to Google so this attribution can occur, increasing the accuracy of campaign performance reporting in your account.
Let's explore how Offline conversion works, what is required to get this configured, and how it is configured in Lexer. Please see Google's documentation for reference here.
How does it work?
Below is an overview of the process, and where Lexer fits in.
- A customer views an ad on Google.
- The customer then purchases the viewed product/service in store.
- Lexer receives the offline transaction, cleans and reformats the data, and stores this against the customer's profile.
- Lexer's “Google offline conversions API” integration sends data to Google.
- Google intelligently matches sales data to a customer's digital persona.
To put it simply, we will upload all sales data to the Google Ads API, allowing you to better understand the impact your digital ads are having on real-world sales.
As you can see above, Facebook also supports offline conversions. To see how you can connect Lexer with Facebook to measure offline conversions there as well, check out the relevant article here.
Integration in a nutshell
Here's a summary of how the Google conversion API integrates with Lexer:
What direction does the data flow?
⬜️ Data in: N/A - Lexer does not take data in from the conversions API.
✅ Data out: Transaction and personal data for Google to match.
Lexer’s integration with this product allows you to pull data into the hub from these sources.
How the system connects with Lexer.
How Lexer connects with the system.
Is this integration live and working?
Lexer product compatibility
What Lexer products is the integration compatible with?
What attributes are created when integrated with Lexer?
Setting up Google offline conversions
To set up Google offline within your Lexer hub, you'll need to gather some information for us.
Before you start, we encourage you to speak with your Lexer Success Manager, to ensure you achieve the right outcomes.
- Your Google Ads account.
- The conversion action name (this is something you must set up in Google Ads, you can read how here).
Start by connecting your Google Ads account to the Lexer Hub:
- In the Manage > Integrations tab on the Lexer Hub, select Google Ads.
- Click Integrate Google Ads.
- A popup will appear for you to login to your Google account. Enter your details and log in.
- If login is successful your account should appear on the right.
Setting up your Google offline conversion event set
Next, you can set up offline conversions by linking it with your offline event set by providing the conversion action name from Facebook.
You can find a list of your Conversion Actions (and their names, which you need to provide) in Google Ads by searching for “Conversions” using the search button at the top. For more information, refer to the article linked above.
If you run into any issues, you can contact our Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
And that’s it! You’re ready to go with your Google offline conversions.